What is health and safety?
OSH is abbreviated from the expression: occupational health and safety. It is a set of legal standards and research measures, but also organisational and technical measures. Thanks to the principles of OSH, it is possible to create safe conditions for work. OSH improves work and it is through OSH that work is efficient and safe. The body that regulates and supervises compliance with the regulations is called the State Labour Inspectorate. The purpose of this article is to raise awareness of the importance of OSH - it cannot be neglected if work is to be done safely, i.e. without creating a hazardous situation for others or oneself.
What is labour protection?
Labour protection is called a system of legal, economic, organisational as well as technical measures. All these systems have the objective of ensuring safety and protecting health at work.
The system of technical measures is:
The economic measures system is:
The system of organisational measures is:
- Health and social insurance
In summary - occupational health and safety is a set of standards aimed at the safety and health of workers when they are doing their job. The most important thing is to protect workers from possible risks.
Employee health protection It is called what guarantees its safety. This can be found in legal standards, where working conditions are written down. According to the WHO, labour protection is to ensure a state of physical, mental but also social well-being.
Labour protection is what is known as - a set of legal norms as well as research, organisational and technical measures - all of which are intended to ensure the protection of the rights of the worker, the protection of life and health against dangerous and harmful factors in the working environment. In addition, it has the task of creating comfortable working conditions for him, taking into account ergonomics, physiology and psychology of work.
Which jobs are particularly hazardous?
Particularly hazardous work is work where the risk to health and life is higher than average. Special care must be taken when organising and carrying out such work.
Particularly hazardous work includes:
- At altitude,
- In hazardous confined spaces,
- Associated with the presence of high temperatures or in the vicinity of equipment and those generating high temperatures,
- With hazardous materials,
- With poisonous, corrosive gases and liquids, etc,
- At the power plant and CHP plant,
- Performed live.
There are, of course, many, many more of these jobs, we just wanted to give an overview of the concept of 'particularly hazardous work'.
What should be taken care of when carrying out particularly hazardous work?
Without the following requirements, particularly hazardous work cannot actually take place:
- it is necessary to supervise the work, for which authorised persons are designated
- measures are needed to protect the workplace and workers
- instruction of employees is compulsory (personal work allocation, sequence of tasks, health and safety requirements for individual activities)
Does everyone need to receive health and safety training?
Jeśli chcemy zadbać o bezpieczeństwo swoje i innych, warto posiadać odpowiednią wiedzę o tym, jakie są środki ochronne, a także jak rozpoznawać zagrożenia i jak im zapobiegać. Dlatego uważamy, że absolutnie każdy pracownik powinien przez takie szkolenie przejść. Rozpoczynając pracę, ale też po jakimś czasie, należy odświeżać wiedzę. Dodatkowo, jeżeli w danym miejscu pracy znajdzie się ktoś bez szkolenia, pracodawcy grozi mandat pieniężny, w kwocie, która może znacznie przekroczyć koszt naszego szkolenia. Uważamy, że to konieczność, dlatego zachęcamy do skorzystania z naszych usług i zapewnienia sobie oraz innym bezpieczeństwa. Każdy kto podejmuje się pracy, która uważana jest z pracę niebezpieczną, ma wręcz obowiązek posiadania wiedzy o bezpieczeństwie i higienie pracy. Podstawowe kompetencje w zakresie BHP są niezbędne do bezpiecznej pracy. Każdy pracodawca ma obowiązek zapewnić swoim pracownikom szkolenia z zakresu BHP. Pracodawca i pracownik muszą zdawać sobie sprawę z ewentualnych niebezpieczeństw i wiedzieć, jak z nimi sobie radzić. Jeszcze raz podkreślamy, jak ważne jest, aby przestrzegać Kodeksu Pracy i wszelkich norm, które powstały, aby dbać o ogólnie pojęte bezpieczeństwo.
Aim of health and safety training:
We want students to be aware of what health and safety rules are and why it is important to apply them, as well as how to be a responsible employee in the working environment. We want everyone to be aware of the hazards in the workplace and to know how to deal with them. Hygiene, safety and work ethics are slogans that should be as sacrosanct as possible for employees. Adhering to them guarantees improved working comfort, and everyone wants to work in a comfortable environment.
Through health and safety training, employees will acquire the knowledge and skills required for their positions.
- Be able to assess and recognise danger
- Be able to assess the risk of possible threats
- Know what protection measures are and how to use them
- Know the requirements of organisational law
- They know how to use their equipment
- Know how to behave in dangerous situations
- How to perform first aid
- How to organise your work
The skills listed in the subsections above are even the basics. However, it is these very basics that also make up the professionalism and safety of the profession.
What types of training are there?
It is useful to know what types of training there are, so that you can choose them skilfully and know when to do them.
Initial training - this training takes place before the employee starts work. Initial training is designed to prepare the new employee for work. The trainee is thus apprenticed to perform his or her duties in accordance with health and safety rules.
Periodic training - in contrast, this training consists of supplementing and repeating knowledge in occupational health and safety. The consolidation and updating of knowledge is important, especially in circumstances of various types of change, e.g. technological or organisational changes in a given establishment.
How long is the training valid?
Initial - valid for 12 months, in some cases periodic training must be done after 6 months
Periodic - depending on the job and position, they expire depending on the type of position, for example:
- Labour positions - usually last 12 months, possibly 3 years.
- Working positions, but particularly hazardous positions - every year
- Employers and persons in charge of employees - 5 years
You may often read this name in the text. We encourage you to familiarise yourself with it, it is:
- Labour Code (Journal of Laws of 1998, No. 21, item 94, as amended).
- Executive regulation of the R.M.G.i P. of 27 July 2004 on training in the field of occupational safety and health (Journal of Laws No. 180, item 1860 of 18 August 2004, art. § 15.1.).
Knowledge of the regulations is important. We recommend, for example, that you print out these documents for yourself so that you have them to hand at all times.
What are the principles of labour law?
- Compliance with current legislation on health and safety rights and obligations
- Taking responsibility for violations of laws and rules
- Compliance with current healthcare regulations
- Knowledge of disciplinary dismissal
If today's topic interests you, we invite you to check out our training offer, which can be found on our website.