KURSO cordially invites you to participate in a training course to become a general and special-purpose crane, hoist and hoist operator. The course is aimed at people who want to improve their professional qualifications or acquire new ones. We will help you pass the UDT exam and obtain qualifications allowing you to work independently as an operator of these devices.
- information on technical supervision legislation
- general information on handling equipment
- the concept of equipment stability
- capacity characteristics
- construction of the device
- operation of cranes
- types of cranes
- marking of cranes
- hydraulic, electrical and pneumatic equipment,
- safety devices
- steps to be taken by the operator before starting work
- post-operation activities of the operator
- cooperation with assistants
- health and safety rules
- fire safety regulations
- methods for dealing with specific working conditions
- control of general and special-purpose machinery mechanisms
- basic mechanical and electrical engineering information
- principles for dealing with emergencies
- operation of tractors
- running gear
- slings and handling aids.
What does the training look like?
The course we organise consists of:
- Theoretical part - during which the trainee acquires knowledge of the construction, operation and maintenance of the equipment in question. The classes are conducted by people with a great deal of factual knowledge about the operation of UDT machines. Each person will receive professionally prepared training materials. Theoretical classes can be conducted online.
- Practical part - conducted by experienced instructors. The classes use equipment that meets all technical supervision requirements.
Purpose of the training
Obtain professional qualifications in the operation and maintenance of material handling equipment such as overhead cranes, hoists and hoists for general and special purposes and prepare students for the UTD examination.
Conditions for participation in training
- age of majority
- completed primary/secondary school
- good health, which is certified by an occupational physician.
Examination and entitlement
After the training, the participant takes an examination before an UDT board. If he/she receives a positive result, he/she acquires the licence to operate or maintain overhead travelling cranes, hoists and hoists for general and special purposes.
Validity of the qualification certificateis 5 years.
It is possible to extend the validity of the qualification. Two conditions must be met:
- 3 months before the final deadline, submit an application requesting an extension (to the nearest UDT unit).
- Within the five-year validity period of the certificate, you must have worked in the profession for a minimum of three years.
Where can I work after the course?
The operator of this type of equipment can find work in many places, including:
- on production halls
- in shipyards
- in construction areas
- in industrial areas
- in warehouses
- in transport companies
- in logistics companies.
What does the job of a crane operator entail?
The work of the person responsible for operating the crane mainly consists of:
- moving various loads by means of a crane
- assessing the weight of loads (it is important to comply with the regulations on the load capacity of the crane to be operated)
- co-operate with the hook using appropriate signals.
Overhead travelling cranes, hoists and winches - characteristics
Overhead cranes are cranes that operate in intermittent motion. They can be used to move a load both vertically and horizontally. They are made up of a superstructure that moves along running tracks and a hoist or winch that travels along this mount. Hoists and winches are usually part of the overhead crane equipment.
The following are distinguished general-purpose cranes:
Special-purpose cranes, include:
These devices can also be classified by, among other things:
- Handling - controlled automatically, from the cab, remotely, from the working level.
- Drive type - electric, electric/manual, manual, pneumatic, hydraulic.
We organise training in our training centres located throughout Poland. In addition, at the request of the client, we are ready to carry out training at the client's workplace located anywhere.
Our training prices are set individually, depending on the level of training, the date and the number of participants. We offer both closed and open training courses, to find out more please contact our consultants.
We are a company that has many years of experience in providing vocational courses and we teach according to programmes approved by the Office of Technical Inspection.
We also offer courses to prepare you for work as an operator and maintenance worker, among others:
- general-purpose cranes, hoists and hoists
- forklift trucks
- mobile platforms
- HDS cranes
- tower cranes
- backhoe loaders.
Questions and Answers
Where can I work after completing the crane operator course?
The operator, as well as the maintainer of cranes, hoists and hoists, will find employment on construction sites, production halls, logistics companies, warehouses, shipyards, among others.
What does an overhead crane operator do?
Operator suwnicy po prawidłowej ocenie ciężkości ładunku, transportuje go za pomocą dźwignicy w odpowiednie miejsce. Cały czas też podczas swojej pracy, współpracuje z hakowym.
What is the validity period of the qualifications I will obtain after the crane operator course?
The validity of the UDT qualification certificate for working on general and special-purpose cranes, hoists and hoists is five years.
Do I need to have a technical background to join the course?
No. You only need to have completed primary/secondary school.