Flange connection course
The KURSO training centre has a course for flange fitters in its training offer. In this course, you will learn about the necessary issues needed to perform safe work and you will obtain a TÜV certificate (according to EN 1591-4).
Who can join the course?
The following requirements apply:
- 18 years old,
- no medical contraindications to work,
- minimum basic education.
Topics of activities
The flange fitter training programme includes:
- health and safety rules,
- types of connection,
- gasket types,
- correct assembly and disassembly of connections,
- principles for the preparation of the sealing surface,
- practical exercises.
What are flange connections?
In the broadly understood industry, the flange is a part of the pipeline intended for the assembly of its individual parts, as well as for connecting devices to the pipeline. Due to the design of the collar, the following are distinguished:
|GOST 12822-80||GOST 12820-80 ||GOST 12821-80|
- Welded flat flange - The peculiarity of this type of flange connection is its assembly - the flange is "superimposed" on the pipe and welded with two welds around the circumference of the pipe.
- Steel butt-welded flange - Its assembly, unlike a flat welded flange, provides only one joining joint. This makes direct contact between the end of the pipe and the flange necessary. This connection is very popular because it not only greatly simplifies the work, but also reduces the time it takes to carry out the work.
- Steel collar loose on a weld ring - This type of connection is distinguished by its construction - it consists of two parts, which are the flange and the ring. In this case, it is necessary to match the diameter and pressure of these two components. The advantage of this type of flange is the ease of assembly - only the ring is welded to the pipe, while the flange itself remains free, ensuring an easy fit with other equipment. When assembled, it is often used for fittings and piping equipment - in places that are difficult to access or when flange connections are frequently repaired (e.g. in the chemical industry).
The specifics of working with flange connections
The role of the flange fitter is extremely important. It is his/her responsibility and approach that will determine the efficiency and service life of the pipelines or tanks. The precision and accuracy of the fitter's work translates into reliable and leak-free connections.
What else does the flange joint installer need to be aware of?
- occupational hazards (e.g. explosion, fire),
- the threat of soil, water and air pollution,
- inaccuracy in the work can result in economic loss.
Who we are?
Our KURSO Centre is a company with many years of experience. We are guided by the following principles:
- professionalism - Our team is made up of instructors who boast not only many certificates but a wealth of experience. Our courses are not just about theory! We place particular emphasis on practical exercises, conducted on a wide range of equipment, parts and materials,
- partnership - in achieving our goals and the highest level of teaching, we implement quality standards and modern training techniques, and we cooperate with the best trainers and many examination and licensing bodies, including UDT, TDT, WDT and IMBiG,
- future - our team does not stand still! We constantly set ourselves new goals, but the most important one is to prepare the best possible group of eligible professionals,
- experience - We have been providing comprehensive training services to various professional groups for many years. There is something for everyone!
Our other courses
Our range of products includes:
- UDT, WDT, TDT, IMBiGS authorisations,
- G1 energy training,
- G2 thermal training,
- G3 gas training,
- health and safety training,
- fire safety and first aid.
Feel free to call for more information.